Thank you for your interest in joining our team! There are many employment opportunities at The Blennerhassett Hotel.
Front of the House
Start your day with warm hellos. Welcome and assist our guests at our hotel. We have many positions that offer the opportunity to interact with guests and develop your hospitality skills, including:
- Front Desk
Heart of the House
From making beds to making dinners, teamwork is more than what we do, it’s why we come to work. Jobs in the heart of the house include:
- Information Technology
At The Blennerhassett, leadership means knowing everyone by their first name. Whether you’re a seasoned professional, entering the job market for the first time, or returning to the workforce, examples of leadership positions in our hotels include:
- General Manager
- Director of Operations
- Human Resources Manager
- Director of Food & Beverage
- Director of Sales
Sales and Marketing Assistant
This position is responsible for performing a variety of high-level sales & marketing support duties.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
• Plan, direct or coordinate supportive services such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files.
• Conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing other clerical functions such as fielding and making phone calls, maintain databases, handling routine mailings
• Plan, direct and coordinate with Marketing Manager various promotional opportunities for the hotel like the annual Gingerbread competition and other community related events.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
1. Assumes responsibility for effectively preparing and processing documents.
• Create spreadsheets for both interdepartmental and external use
• Typing contractual documents
• Write meeting minutes at weekly sales meetings and distribute accordingly
2. Assumes responsibility for assisting the Director of Sales & Marketing
• Coordinates with related departments as required. Answers questions and provides assistance.
• Preparing routine correspondence (i.e. donor letters)
• Attends and participates in meetings as required
3. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
• Follow up on sales leads and all contracts including contact due dates and cut-off dates, guarantee numbers, thank you cards and evaluations and communicate that information timely and correctly.
• Research associations and other potential client groups and provide contact information,
• Assists with SalesPro and Room Key and manage client account/client event information
• Assist Sales and Catering Managers with banquet and catering needs as necessary such as faxing and/or e-mailing menus, contracts, newsletters and other necessary correspondence.
• Assist Marketing Manager with implementation of events, social media, lead generation and other necessary marketing needs.
• Must have a proven record of independent, self-motivated work habits, be customer service and detail oriented, professional appearance, possess drive and creativity. Ideal candidate would have some experience or schooling in graphic design, journalism or marketing.
• BA/BS 4 year degree or equivalency preferred.
This position is a hourly position. Benefits include medical, dental, and life insurance. Paid vacation is accrued after 90 days and available after 1 year of service.
Submit resume by 4.10.15 to firstname.lastname@example.org
The housekeeper is responsible for helping to achieve ongoing guest satisfaction and team goals through the maintenance and upkeep, cleanliness of rooms.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
• To understand all standards of room/suite cleanliness
• To consistently clean assigned rooms/suites to the standards of cleanliness for The Blennerhassett Hotel
• Replenishing supplies
• Removing trash and dirty linens from rooms/suites
• Sweeping and vacuuming floors
• Reporting maintenance problems
• Spot cleaning walls, carpets, light fixtures, etc.
• Any other duties assigned by Supervisor