Thank you for your interest in joining our team! There are many employment opportunities at The Blennerhassett Hotel.
Front of the House
Start your day with warm hellos. Welcome and assist our guests at our hotel. We have many positions that offer the opportunity to interact with guests and develop your hospitality skills, including:
- Front Desk
Heart of the House
From making beds to making dinners, teamwork is more than what we do, it’s why we come to work. Jobs in the heart of the house include:
- Information Technology
At The Blennerhassett, leadership means knowing everyone by their first name. Whether you’re a seasoned professional, entering the job market for the first time, or returning to the workforce, examples of leadership positions in our hotels include:
- General Manager
- Director of Guest Services
- Human Resources Manager
- Director of Food & Beverage
Experienced Line Cook
Job duties and responsibilities include:
• Maintains organized sanitary workstation at all times
• Properly labels and dates food items for storage
• Assists in any and all food preparation for all meal periods in the dining room as well banquet functions
• Minimizes waste by controlling usage and following preset portioning
• Follows approved recipes and production standards
• Helps to maintain all Kitchen equipment and its cleanliness
• Maintain a clean, safe working environment
• Ability to produce high quality food in a fast paced environment
• Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times
• Strong knowledge of sanitary practices and serve safe certification or the willingness to obtain
• Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards
• Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment
• Ability to work with other staff members in the facility
• Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks
• Attention to detail
Part-Time Coffee Bar Barista
Primary responsibilities include:
• Greets all customers with a friendly smile.
• Honors customers by providing quick, friendly, and personal service.
• Initiates dialogue and develops rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items.
• Generates customer satisfaction; responds appropriately to customer concerns.
• Communicates customer complaints/concerns to Manager.
• Accurately processes transactions through the POS and counts back change to customers.
• Answers the café telephone in a friendly manner using a professional greeting.
• Sells and serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items to customers.
• Maintains the highest level of standards for all product preparation.
• Adheres to all recipes and measurements.
• Produces superior product presentation.
• Educates customers on products and services.
• Provides top quality espresso shots for hot and cold beverages.
• Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
• Communicates with coworkers and management to solve problems and improve quality & service.
• Assists in the opening and/or closing of the café; a checklist will be provided.
• Initiates suggestive selling and sampling of products.
• Contributes to the profitability of the café by finding new methods of selling products.
• Communicate verbally with coworkers, management and guests.
• Read, county, and write to complete all documentation required.
• Handle multiple tasks at one time.
• Work successfully as part of a team, while under pressure.
• Operate and use all equipment necessary for operation.
• Move or handle merchandise.
• Work varied hours/days based on business needs.
• Frequently use hand and finger motions, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
• Handle food and hot beverages.