The Culinary School at The Blennerhassett Hotel offers many exciting options for all ages and skill levels. Guest will discover a fun, new perspective on food. Our hands-on approach to teaching guarantees a delightful experience.
Saturday culinary classes will resume January – April of 2018. Be sure to check back in with us!
Private classes still available for groups as well as overnight packages. Please see listing below.
Here are some of the culinary courses that we offer
as overnight packages or for private group bookings:
- Homemade Pasta-making – Learn basic Pasta-making
- Champagne Brunch – Crepes, Poached Eggs, Mimosas and more!
- Dining Etiquette – Basic etiquette for lunch and dinner including silverware, napkin, table setting and fun history on the topic!
- Fondue Fun – Cheese and Chocolate fondue with assorted dipping items
- Basic Stock-making
As a base for many dishes, stock are a must to master. Learn to create delicious beef, poultry and vegetable stocks.
- The Five “Mother Sauces”
Bechamel, Veloute, Espagnole, Hollandaise and Vinaigrette
- Basic Baking
Cakes, Brownies, Pies and more – tell us what you’re interested in and we’ll tailor this class just for your group!
- Cooking Demonstrations
Perfect if you prefer to watch and learn. A great alternative if time constraints don’t allow hands-on teaching.
- WINE 101: Basics and Fundamentals
Learn which glass to use and why, ordering wine in a restaurant and basic wine “lingo.”
- Basic Bartending
Simple and fun, guests will learn to make classic cocktails