The Culinary School at The Blennerhassett Hotel offers many exciting options for all ages and skill levels. Guest will discover a fun, new perspective on food. Our hands-on approach to teaching guarantees a delightful experience. Check back often for weekend culinary packages!
Here are some of the culinary courses that we offer
as overnight packages or for private group bookings:
- Homemade Pasta-making
- Learn basic Pasta-making
- Champagne Brunch
- Crepes, Poached Eggs, Mimosas and more!
- Gingerbread House
- Assemble and decorate gingerbread houses
- Dining Etiquette
- Basic etiquette for lunch and dinner including silverware,
- Napkin, table setting and fun history on the topic!
- Fondue Fun
- Cheese and Chocolate fondue with assorted dipping items
- Basic Stock-making
As a base for many dishes, stock are a must to master. Learn to create delicious beef, poultry and vegetable stocks.
- The Five “Mother Sauces”
- Bechamel, Veloute, Espagnole, Hollandaise and Vinaigrette
- Party Planning 101
How do you know how many hors d’oeuvres you’ll need, or what wine and cocktails to serve? Learn these basics and more!
- Basic Baking
Cakes, Brownies, Pies and more – tell us what you’re interested in and we’ll tailor this class just for your group!
- Cooking Demonstrations
Perfect if you prefer to watch and learn. A great alternative if time constraints don’t allow hands-on teaching.
- WINE 101: Basics and Fundamentals
Learn which glass to use and why, ordering wine in a restaurant and basic wine “lingo.”
- Basic Bartending
Simple and fun, guests will learn to make classic cocktails